Our total program management for thermoplastic injection molding tooling includes design and engineering, tool making and maintenance. We also have extensive experience with hybrid tooling, meeting OEM quality benchmarks and cycle time requirements with advanced engineering and materials.
JMMS engineers focus both on part and mold optimization, reducing material usage and cycle times while improving dimensional stability. We offer proven ways to add quality and value to your injection molding:
- Optimized gate style and location
- Conformal cooling for increased thermal capacity
- Adding cavity pressure transducers to cut cycle times and improve material flow and delivery
- Optimized part design for cleaner ejection and more dimensional control
Hybrid tooling for a lower TCO
Looking at thermoplastic injection molds made with aluminum? Talk to us about hybrid tooling — it's a proven, robust solution that combines materials for specific performance and production characteristics:
- Aluminum inserts for faster heat transfer and shorter cycle times
- MoldMax shut-offs for better thermal conductivity (a copper beryllium alloy with higher density than traditional tool steels)
- P20 support system for mold durability and ease of maintenance
Our hybrid tools accelerate prototyping and low-volume production in your thermoplastic injection molding. It also offers the durability you need for multi-year production, with no increase in preventive maintenance requirements compared to P20 tools.
JMMS has extensive experience with hard-chrome plating H13 hardened steel, to handle the abrasives in thermoset plastics.
Fixed insert for the core side, made with MoldMax to ensure localized cooling for deep ribs.